Skip to main content

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE ELECTORAL CHAIRMAN ON CLASS16 CULTURAL DAY.

ILEC CHAIRMAN

LAPC: Can we meet you sir?

I am Abdul Lawal Musbau Bamidele, a 500 level computer science student.

LAPC: We can see everyone around here dressed in native atire, can you tell yours what is going on?

Delay is not denier, no matter what will happen, destiny will surely speak, today is cultural day and we 500 level students are here to celebrate together in our native attire. We are celebrating at last about two years of strike, we are finally going.

LAPC: Can you actually explain briefly your stay in lautech.

My stay in Lautech has been a very good one. This is an Institution I will never forget, I could remember two day ago while we are comparing how lautech is peaceful to other institutions,  Lautech is a school I will advise all student to come. This is a new era, there is nothing like strike in lautech again. For me being a ladokite is a thing I will never regret.
I am an activist in the school, I gain this through lautech there is no ladokite that will move from this school that will not gain one or two things, it depend on the way you treat yourself. Those ladokites I am seeing here are just great even than many other institutions.

LAPC: as a well-known person on campus, can you tell us about your political career on campus?

Thank you for that, when I gained admission in lautech, what was on my facebook page was that “I hate politics.”, I could remember a lady called me back then in 100 level days, and introduced to me an “acadio-socio-political organisation” and she will like me to join them, I replied the lady, “I hate politics”. After this, a friend of mine named Kunle also in Cse and I decided we must participate in lautech struggle. That is how I started my political career, I contested for the post of SRC 1 at my level, I could not emerge, I proceed for SCR 2, I could emerge, I lost to 27 votes. I belong to a caucus which is NATIONAL LIBERTY VANGUARD, I told myself, I must be vibrant,  I must be dynamic in anything I do, people must see me as a leader, that’s when I started my leadership role after which I saw many things. In my organisation (NLV), we believe God first, Masses interest, Party interest and your interest. I choose the second, masses interest because it goes along with leadership role, when I join the caucus, I told myself I must become somebody, all my entire motive was to become the speaker of the Student Union Government. There is one thing I believe in life, what will be will be, I want to oversee lautech house at SUG, but later the electoral chairman  of lautech student union.

LAPC: we are very glad to meet you sir, can you tell us about the last SUG Election as the Electoral Chairman?

Thank you very much, one thing I use to say is anything you do will surely speak for you, it’s only a dead man that won’t have an interest. I don’t know the interest of the management before conducting the election, it was after the election that I knew the interest of the management, there is no how someone will destroy a school property without being penalised, school property was destroyed and there is no penalty for it.

LAPC: what word of encouragement do you have for all ladokite at large?

What I will advise all ladokite at large including pre-degree students is to face their studies, this is a school that is going to be great.

LAPC: Thank you for your time sir, we appreciate it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alumni president donates utility bus to SUG

By Oyedeji Ahmed ( LMP )  28th of February, 2018.  The Alumni president, Mr Onilede Solomon has donated an utility bus to the students union to curb security issues. The bus was presented today to the Vice chancellor at the senate building to alleviate the challenge of immobility faced  by the leadership of students union.  While thanking the president, the Vice chancellor began he speech by, "I woke up by my right side. When I woke up, I had to put on a tie that suit my color. While trying to put on the tie, I was directed with a match combination" Today is a beautiful day. I plead with Mr president to make today a big one because I want the council to be here. This is indeed a record, not only for LAUTECH but others to emulate.  Speaking further, "Everyone present here today are alumni of this university. But for some one to make a promise and fulfill it within a month is laudable. As such, he deserve a commendation and applaud"  Whether you are a Muslim or Christ

LAUTECH AND EXTERNAL AUDITOR: A CASE OF DOUBLE STANDARD, ABUSE OF POWER ANS ULTRA VIRES

Ladoke Akintola Universityof Technology LAUTECH ogbomoso,  is a University jointly owned and funded by Oyo and Osun state governments. This is a settled position between the two owners states governments and in addition, it is also a settled principle that each state shall be paying staff salaries for six months annually in this order" January to June to be paid by the Oyo state and July to December to be paid by Osun state accordingly.